Philadelphia American Life Medicare Supplement Plan "Extra" Benefits
As a broker of many insurance plans, it's often hard to find specific information on-line. So I have collected all the member benefits you receive when you purchase a Philadelphia American Life Medicare supplement plan.
DENTAL / VISION / HEARING DISCOUNT PLANS
This plan helps save up to 50% off retail rates at thousands of local providers. To search for providers in the Careington network, please SEARCH HERE >>>
Rx DISCOUNT CARD
You will receive a free Discount Savings card for prescription drug savings through the ScriptSave Network. You will be Group 2202 and you can SEARCH HERE >>>
Talk to a doctor, therapist, or medical expert anywhere you are by phone or video. Get care 24/7 at no cost for non-emergency conditions! LEARN MORE>>>
Your personal shopper for healthcare services! Please call a Healthcare PAL before you receive care. A Healthcare PAL will help guide you on: smart healthcare shopping, getting the most out of your benefits, and reducing or eliminating your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
BILL NEGOTIAION SERVICES
A concierge-style service that will work to help lower out-of-pocket medical bills over $2,500 to something more manageable. This Karis 360 membership is included in your plan at no added cost to you. LEARN MORE>>>
DENTAL / VISION / HEARING SAVINGS PLAN FAQ's
1. What is the Careington Discount Program?
This is a comprehensive discount dental, vision and hearing savings program offered by Philadelphia American Life Insurance Company. Careington and their national networks bring deep discounts and privileges on dental, vision and hearing services and treatments. THIS IS NOT INSURANCE.
2. How much does this program cost?
This value-add program is offered by the company to our valuable Medicare Supplement policyholders AT NO COST.
3. Does the policyholder need to enroll with Careington?
No, our policyholder receives a fulfillment packet in the mail, complete with Welcome letter & ID card, Product Flyer and sample discounts. The policyholder is automatically enrolled in the program.
4. How does the policyholder use this savings program?
Once the policyholder locates a network provider in their area, they simply present their ID card to the provider during their visit. They have just one ID card for dental, vision and hearing discounts.
5. Does the policyholder need to renew their membership each year?
No. The membership automatically renews for as long as their Medicare Supplement policy remains in force.
6. Does the Careington network provide the discounts for all three: dental, vision and hearing?
No If not, please name the other networks? Careington provides the dental discounts only. Access Network provides the vision discounts for Eyemed. Amplifon provides the hearing discounts.
7. How can the policyholder get more information about the dental discounts?
Each participating provider will have a complete fee schedule, or you may request one by calling Careington at 800-290-0523.
8. How can the policyholder get more information about the vision discounts?
Members save 20% to 40% off the retail price of eyewear with the EyeMed Vision Care Access Plan D discount program through the Access network. Members are eligible for discounts on exams, eyeglasses and conventional contact lenses from more than 90,000 providers nationwide including independent optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians and leading optical retailers such as LensCrafters®, Target Optical® and most Pearle Vision® locations*. You may also call Careington at 800-290-0523 for more information. Members can choose the doctors they want and the brands they love, like Ray-Ban®, Oakley® and Coach®.
9. How can the policyholder get more information about the hearing discounts?
Hearing aid low price guarantee: If you should find the same product at a lower price, bring us the local quote and we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it by 5%!
• As a member, you will receive a 40% discount on diagnostic services, including hearing exams.
• 2 years of free batteries (80 cells per hearing aid, per year)
• For more information or to schedule an appointment, call toll-free 1-866-211-6045. Our Patient Care Advocate will explain our program, answer any questions or schedule an appointment at any of our over 5,600 locations nationwide.
• Learn more about our program at www.amplifonusa.com/careington
10. Will this discount program increase the policyholder’s insurance premium?
No. Premium increases for your Medicare Supplement policy can only occur if a change is made for all policies bearing your form number in the state where you purchased your policy. This discount program can not affect your insurance premium.